Saturday 24 February 2018

Ovum

I've started another one. I wanted to call it Ovum, but I don't know why. Sometimes a title just calls to you, like Lord Beckon (which is a title in the aristocratic sense, and also beckoning might be calling, except usually beckoning is a gesture, so maybe it should have been Lord Hail or Baron Getoverhere or something a bit closer to the thing I intended to evoke).

Yeah, I'll post this one, I'm sure.

***






I wish Blogger would stop telling me that Google prevented a suspicious attempt to sign in to my account using my password.

I mean, they did. It was suspicious and not me. I'm glad they caught it. But I've already gone and changed my password, and my phone number. And they're still reminding me about it. I have thoroughly reviewed my activity. What else can I do?

Every time I log on here (which is more often than you might care), it's up there: a narrow red reminder of a past violation, like blood on the sheet.

Ugh. That was disgusting imagery, especially in the current climate of people yammering on about bed linen.

Review Activity Now would be a good name for this post. It could be ambiguous because I'm also reviewing the activity of writing this. I'm always reviewing that activity. And actively reviewing the review. But the post is called Ovum, so we'll have to chalk this up to experience and down to the blackboard shop for a refund.

I wonder if posting about this will only encourage the password fraudsters.

Well go ahead. If you can guess my password, you deserve access to the several dozen draft blog posts that aren't good enough to publish, my slotted spoon-based Google+ account and my inflammatory search history.

My new password is unguessable, with a lot of special characters and upper and lower case letters and five numbers. You've have to be bloody Judd Hirsch to figure it out.  Or Judd Nelson. Or Ashley Judd.

Which was the Judd that was good at guessing passwords again? Oh yeah, there isn't one. It was a trademark Headscissors non-sequitur, the likes of which we have not seen these many years.

Do your worst, hackers!

I'm off to check my emails.

paulfung@gmail.com
j0HnnyVaugh@nONtheB1GBREAKFA$TthatONEtime!123

No comments:

Post a Comment