Monday 20 February 2017

Registered

I haven't forgotten.

As I did with my previous post, today I intended to mine content from the two years I've spent off the radar.

The trouble is, there isn't any. My best content has always been from my time on the radar.

I had copious beeps and boops to use as inspiration. It was on the radar that I came up with the characters of the Roadrunner and Betty Boop. I also detected aircraft, which was some of my most rewarding work.

But since I climbed down off the radar, I haven't been so prolific.

Maybe I should mount some other kind of detector or sensing technology, such as a Geiger counter or a sheaf of litmus paper.

I might recapture some of my glory days and see how acidic they were.

***

I'm glad I wrote 'sheaf' just then. I'd forgotten how pleasurable it is to write 'sheaf'.

But only if it's pronounced properly. It should rhyme with reef, not with chef.

The only time the latter pronunciation is acceptable is when using a contraction for "sheep-deaf" (which is what happens when you have wool in your ears).

"The entire flock was lost to wolves because the shepherd was sheaf. A crook does not a Q-tip make."

***

I tried "cotton bud" in place of "Q-tip" there, but it didn't flow as nicely. I've abandoned my country and my culture, and spat on the queen's hat. All for the sake of - what I think we all agree is - the PERFECT SENTENCE.

This hasn't been the longest of blog posts, but it has contained a high concentration of ideas.

To make it a bit longer, I'm going to try and embed a Tumblr post. I hope it works.

I've watched quite a few films over the past couple of years. One of them is the John Cassavetes film A Woman Under The Influence.

It features a fantastic performance by Gena Rowlands. It's great, but it's pretty hard to watch. Apparently, Richard Dreyfuss said, to sum up his glowing review of the film, "I went crazy. I went home and vomited". I'm totally on board with that.

Instead of watching it, you can just scroll through this picture set. It tells its own story.

See you next time, fans!


http://sesiondemadrugada.tumblr.com/post/152742651665/a-woman-under-the-influence-john-cassavetes

***

(Hey, it did work! All Hail Tumblr. Ger ready for many future posts of animal gifs and feminist propaganda.)

No comments:

Post a Comment